5 Must-Have Small Business Resources
As a small business owner, you need to keep your expenses lean. Costs can add up quickly: office lease, employee salaries, software, accountant, and much, much more. But what are the most essential business resources for companies today?
- Robust CRM solution. The more information you know about the people who buy your products, the more effectively you can reach them and serve their needs. Investing in a robust CRM or “Customer Relationship Management” tool like Salesforce or Marketing360 can help you collect and organize customer information. Glean as much or as little information about customers as you like, and keep it all in a single record for each source. Easily track lifetime purchases, contact information, and more.
- Reliable outsourcing partner. Outsourcing fulfillment tasks like product assembly, kitting, and packaging to a third party like Ohio Goodwill Valley Industries not only offloads a huge burden for you and your team, but ensures that you’re also supporting your local community. Organizations like Ohio Valley Goodwill Industries have over a century of business experience they can put to work for you – and a solid, trustworthy reputation for quality and timeliness. Ask for a free tour of our facilities.
- File sharing solutions. Sharing media files can become cumbersome, so select a free sharing tool to help you manage those big files. Whether it’s Dropbox, Google Docs, or another file sharing solution, small business owners can benefit big with these simple tools.
- Communication tools. Google Hangouts, GoToMeeting, Skype, Facetime, and other real-time collaboration tools are designed to make communication easier between teams and vendors. Even better: nearly all of these tools are free. Check out a few of them and see which is right for you.
- Networking events. Local organizations like the Chamber of Commerce, business associations, or online networking sites like LinkedIn and MeetUp can help you connect with other business people and unearth new opportunities. Just a few more free ways to give your business a big boost!